Sunday, January 31, 2016

YES YES YES!

Original Post from 2014

It is Wednesday, Week Nine Day 1.  Koral woke up an hour early and was fitful.  She ate, then spat it out, then insisted on straightening her legs and crying until I held her upright.  Then (finally) the sun came up, which is her favorite part of the day where she stares in utter wonder at the glowing blinds on the windows.  But then after that it's usually horrid pathetic sweaty fit-crying that makes you think she is really in need of hospital care until you pick her up.  Then she doesn't stop crying so much as cry medium-loud, except that it's in your ear so it sounds just as loud but you're just a little less panicked because it's not as urgent-sounding.  (I really hope this phase ends eventually, and that it is a phase.)  Well - Today, when that began, I laid her in her crib (which she doesn't sleep in yet, still with me in the bassinet) and turned on the new musical mobile that runs for 20 minutes and I GOT IN THE SHOWER.  Usually about when I get to the conditioner but before I shave my legs I hear the crying.  Today, no crying.  YES!  She was just laid back, listening to the music and watching the little critters swirl around.

Then - we came downstairs.  After a while I decided to make breakfast and she was done on the baby gym mat, so guess what?  She's having her morning nap in the new swing and I made a complete breakfast with chai tea and everything.  Yay!  I know it may not last, but it's a big deal right now.  I do believe she is beginning to get teeth growing through, and she began gumming at her blankets yesterday.  I think that's part of why she's so upset.  Other than that, my parents think i should take her to a chiropractor to make sure she's all okay.  They said some babies just need an adjustment after birth and all the squeezing they went through, so I'll call around today.  I know I need an adjustment and have been putting it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment