Sunday, January 31, 2016

Four Days without my Husband

Original Post from 2014

This week, Senthil was on a business trip for 4 days.  By the last day, I was missing him like crazy, but Koral and I were fine.  We got in a rhythm that I don't think we had before.  Also, seriously, the new swing and mobile help.  I can take a shower while she's in the crib looking at the mobile in the morning, and about the time I finish getting dressed she's ready to tell me she's bored.  We generally sleep longer, which is great.  Some mornings I crawl back in bed around ten for her morning nap.  Today I'm too awake, but she will nap later, too.  Really right now I'm thankful she's not crawling or walking yet.  I will look back at these early days and think, "I thought that was hard?"  I'm sure of this.  The consolation prize might be full nights of sleep, but she's already getting a little better.  She nurses while she's sleeping now.  She starts making sucking noises sucking her thumb or hand and then lets out a little "eehh" noise and if it continues, I pick her up and nurse her and she latches on and drinks until she's all satisfied without ever opening her eyes, and then she burps and I lay her down and she stretches a little and settles back into full sleep.  I used to change her diaper every time she fed, but now I just do it maybe once a night.  So the sleep thing is getting better and better, and the screaming during the day has lessened a little with the new soothers.  The 2-month appointment is coming up next Monday, so I can ask the doctor if she thinks Koral is actually teething.

With fall arriving more each day and the trip to Iowa coming up (the cold North!), I've been looking at her warmer clothes - things with sleeves and pants and socks and hats.  A friend wrote on her Facebook page she just bought 20 new outfits for fall for her 2-month old...  How many do you need?  Is 20 excessive?  Maybe I'm just a clothing minimalist.  I know I am for myself.  I just figure you do laundry and repeat...  They grow out of these clothes very quick, too.  Anyway, today or tomorrow I'll inventory what we have.  I haven't really been shopping because we were given so much to begin with from friends and neighbors.  Also, the super cute fancy dresses - Koral hates putting on long-sleeved onesies so I'm thinking dressing up would make her mad, and I'm not really all about the frilly stuff for no reason.  She's cute enough on her own and I really just want to her to happy and comfortable.  If we're going to get a formal picture taken or to a wedding, that's different.  Or maybe even out to eat dinner.  I don't know.  I just know there's a closet with a bunch of adorable little dresses I don't know if she will wear because I don't feel like they're practical for sleeping, eating, and laying around in.  And that's kinda what babies do.

No comments:

Post a Comment