Sunday, January 31, 2016

Happy Days! Week 10

Original Post from 2014

Well, this last week has been GREAT.  I think I decided to change my own mood and be less frustrated, which is of course important.  But also I think my body is now used to the new intermittent sleep pattern and is not expecting any eight-hour blocks of sleep anymore.  This is the new normal, and I am okay with that now.  And also, Koral is becoming such a cute little person!!  She has more smiles, more personality, more cooing sweet little talking noises, and more focusing on things and people.  While I loved her before while she rages and screamed, now I can say she is becoming delightful to be around.  Senthil no longer looks scared to see her and we're all doing great as our little family.  So happy!  My favorite thing is catching her awake and contemplating something, just in her bed or swing waking up and sitting happily by herself for several minutes, thinking.  After a while, she will start to coo for me to come see her.

Senthil has been really very busy at work - his start-up is picking up both investors and customers and employees are being hired to build and sell the product, so there are a lot of meetings and working late.  I am incredibly proud of him on a business level.  It is not easy to find a product-market fit and make things work, and he is doing it well.  Part of this is luck, but most of it is his dedication to his work.

Weight - this is going great!  I'm down ten pounds since the last picture I posted, and have another 10 or 20 to go this year.  I'm not rushing it, but with breastfeeding and eating healthy, it's going down.  I've been wearing Koral in a carrier (Ergo360) on walks, and we all four (Senthil, Milo, Koral, Me) went hiking last weekend.  Senthil and I expected Koral and I to drop out near the beginning at the creek and picnic area like I did when I was getting hugely pregnant, but my legs felt like a real hike would be great, and I made it a very long way.  We stopped once to nurse, but other than that we went with the boys the whole way!  By the way, that is one comfy carrier.

As a sub-topic, we have stopped using the microwave completely, and I totally baked a loaf of bread yesterday.  More on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment