Sunday, January 31, 2016

Not So Great . . . Week, um, 11?

Original Post from 2014

In the Ups and Downs of parenting, this last bit has been a DOWN.  Koral has taken a turn for the worse in the afternoon hours, and sometimes in the morning.  The one good thing is she is still sleeping at night, and I generally do get a decent amount of sleep.  She wakes up to eat twice, and goes back to sleep.  I would probably fall back asleep a little sooner, too, but our little Milo dog is on a skin medicine that means he needs frequent potty breaks, so each feed I let him out, too.  Ahhg.

The CRYING is intense.  "Colic" is a terrible horrible thing.  She is extremely LOUD.  Like, standing in front of those giant speakers at a concert LOUD.

So lately several people have been doing two things:

1)  Offering lots of advice.  Great, but I don't think any of it has helped.  We already do all those things.

2)  Tell me what they think might be wrong with her.  Well, it's just whatever colic is.  It might be a tummy thing, but I see nothing as evidence and the crying will abruptly begin and end.  Yesterday was a very bad day, with crying for hours when I was very sore.  My neck and shoulder muscles are just always sore from holding her, patting her, carrying her, pushing the stroller, and feeding her.

Again, I am super thankful for the sleeping pattern, and that she loves baths.  Also, we get out of the house and go shopping for no reason because it soothes her, or on a walk if the weather is nice.  Two days ago, we walked for five hours at three different stores.  I bought socks.  That's it.  But, she was happy, napping and looking around.  We came home and it was sooooo bad.  So largely, I think she is bored at home.  I cannot wait until she can pick things up and play with them.  She cannot reach out and grab intentionally yet.

I'm going to move on to a second entry about parenting, because my sister got me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment