Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 14, It's been 2 weeks in Iowa

Iowa has been really lovely so far with the fall leaves and not too cold temperatures!  I'm really pleased to say Koral and I are both doing well, and I hope that continues.  Senthil has checked in lots and is having a great time with work and family in India.  All is well, and here's the new stuff with Koral in the past two weeks:

Koral began grasping toys that were put into her hands during week 12, and by week 13 she would reach and find nearby toys to hold, such as plastic links and rattles and colorful fabric books.  She also got a hold of my hair and skin a couple of times with her mighty little fists.

During Bathtime she also likes to kick the water more.

Her biggest change is that she likes to "chew" on fingers and toys more than suck.  She's always wanted to suck on my thumb, then onto her own thumbs, but now there's the need to gum everything and has developed a bit of drooling.

That's about it.  Something else is that since I watched "Happiest Baby on the Block," which is so helpful for new parents, I realized that when she was crying all those times she wanted me to help her fall asleep.  I didn't understand that before.  She was tired but unable to fall asleep, and I didn't know what to do.  So I would stay up with her and try to help her by stimulating her in positive ways to make her happy when she really needed to be swaddled and rocked to sleep.  It might seem obvious now, and it works really very well now, but I didn't know that before.  Poor baby.  Well, first time parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment