Sunday, January 31, 2016

Christmas and New Years, 5 months

1/2/2015
It's been 18 days since my last post and a lot has happened.  I haven't written because I am still in the process of moving my blog over from Svbtle.com to blogger.com.  I am even more disappointed in svbtle as I have discovered my posts didn't even automatically log the date and time of posting!  How terrible.  I dated this one for future reference.

First, I was in such a happy Christmasy spirit, and dancing with Koral around the living room for days to Christmas music while making peanut butter cookies and tree decorations was an awesome time.  Then, so sadly, she caught a sickness the day before Christmas Eve and got a fever for four days.  It was heartbreaking and I stayed home with her on a routine of baby IBuprofen or Tylonal to help her low fever stay down and lots of feeding and using the Nose Frida to keep her airway clear.  We had to co-sleep or she didn't rest well and I wanted to hear her breathing anyway.  Well, five days into that the fever was gone and my parents arrived for a post-Chirstmas visit and they helped out a lot with watching her and playing with her throughout this week.  They just left this morning and we're all a little sad about it.  Milo was getting extra doggie-walks with them and Koral didn't have to go to daycare and it was a big help.  She's almost all better, so I took her in today but they called me after two hours since her nose was blocked.  Poor girl!  She just needs her mom and dad right now to help her out.

The other really big news is that our cousin, Lavanya, had her baby one week ago!  We had talked a bit in California and I hoped I gave her some good info, but her labor was very long and difficult and ended in a C-section.  Great news is that little baby girl is so very cute and everyone is healthy, so we are all really grateful!  Koral now has two cousins younger than herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment