Sunday, January 31, 2016

5 months old - Daycare

Original Post from 2014

Well, it's been a little while since I've posted.  I've been procrastinating because first I was just happy to be home, then we traveled to California, and also I do not like this blog format and need to soon copy and paste all my entries away from svbtle.com to another host because apparently people who read my blog don't get the posts in order.  How ridiculous!

OKay - so Littles had begun to taste baby food (veggies) last month, and now is a huge fan of eating.  She grabs the spoon and takes bites and looks like she loves it.  Her favorites are green peas, green beans, carrots, and sweet potato.  She's not fond of the fruits like pears or banana yet.

The big trip to CA for our cousin's baby shower snuck up on us, and we prepared for the flight with one layover.  I had asked around on Facebook on how to travel with a baby and read the flight allowances for babies.  I took the carseat snapped into the stroller base for rolling through the airports and walks, two small suitcases, and two bags - one diaper bag and my milk pump that is a tote, which was filled with things like empty bottles, baby fever reducer (just in case), chewy toys, and extra blankets.

After dropping Milo off at the sitter's for the week, I picked Senthil up from his second morning meeting and we just made our noon flight.  Total travel time, including the layover, was 11 hours.  Koral was great.  We did not buy her a seat so she slept on our laps.  I wore a short-sleeve button-down shirt that would be easy to nurse in and had a long, thin scarf.  This worked really well.  I didn't have to cover her head and had all the skin covered, and part of the scarf was like a little blanket for Koral if her arms or legs were cool.  Thank goodness she can nurse with ease now that she's older.  She basically does all the work herself now.

We had a great stay and our very pregnant cousin was able to ask me questions about birth.  I tried to answer as honestly as possible, and we picked up some things that might help her afterward like pads for bleeding, witch hazel pads for pains and swelling, and things like that.  I hope for her an easy labor, but also a child that sleeps well afterward.  We discussed how  everyone dwells on the birth but that is just one little day in the end.

The trip home was also great, with Koral nursing and sleeping all through the flight.  Such a good little cuddle bug!  She's begun to demonstrate some really awesome skills, like picking up a toy, chewing it, turning it, throwing it.  She can now roll halfway over, and then back.  She has a great laugh and has pretty much stopped daytime crying unless she is very hungry or tired.

Today was her FIRST full day of DAYCARE!!!  We went last week on Thursday together and I stayed with her for three hours.  Then we went home.  On Friday, I actually left her there for four hours, so a half day.  Today, she was there for six hours, but I went in the middle to feed her.  Hey, I might as well since I would have to pump and she needs to eat and it's so close.  Again I used my scarf to discretely nurse in the daycare room.  I feel she is okay there, but I do hope she eventually takes a bottle again just in case I can't get there.  It's been terrible throwing away all that pumped milk every day, but she will not drink from a bottle!  However, she will eat baby food veggies on a spoon from anyone, so they at least can feed her that.

Other than those updates, we are getting very ready for Christmas next week!  I need to finish gift buying and shipping in the next two days.  I am working on Koral's India visa application for upcoming visits to India - most likely in the next few months.  I feel so much better about the trip now that we've been on a plane.  International travel is even better as far as accomodations, so if we can take the duration we will be golden.

Happy Holidays!  Oh, we got Koral's "Baby's First Christmas" ornament and I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment