Wednesday, December 17, 2014

From Home To the Hospital

(Originally Published July 2014)
My Stomach from My Perspective:
You can barely see my toes.  
Waiting for Contractions to Increase



I'll try to start from the last post.  First, that was the beginning, but I had a whole day of minor contractions in there where I just kind of hung around the house waiting, playing cards and pacing.  Tuesday afternoon, Senthil came home from work - my parents were around all day and ate with us - and then around 2 pm I started timing the contractions.  It went from 8 minutes apart to 4 minutes apart to 2 minutes apart over two hours, quickly changing.  I took a shower in the middle and knew it was time.

Mom and Dad











I told Senthil, it's time to go, we're going, load the car!  He REALLY wanted to call the hospital and make sure we were ready and not going to be sent back home.  The hospital was difficult to reach, and I said no, we have to go.  Mom and Dad saw us off and took this great pic of it!



Holding up my Contraction Timing App



In the car, Senthil was driving AND calling the hospital.  He reached a nurse and said something like, "Hi, my wife is in labor and I just wanted to call and make sure it's the right time to come in and ask a few questions."  She said, "Let me speak to your wife."  I said, "Hi, I know it's time."  She said, "Come on in!"  I hung up.  Senthil said, "That wasn't very scientific."  

My contraction mantra became an internal protest put to words as the pain got bad, and went something like "Ohhh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooooooo" and repeat.  This went on through the car ride and beyond.  Senthil drove well, didn't speed, and we got there just perfectly not to early, not to late.  I was able to walk up from the far car lot, stopping just for contractions.  We arrived on the 4th floor to check in, and found to be at 4.5 cm and in progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment