Wednesday, December 17, 2014

THE FIRST POST: 18 days until we're PARENTS?


Originally posted June 2014

That picture was taken three weeks ago.  I am even larger now.  The reality of parenthood could happen any second.  We've heard all the stories - our friend Darlene's baby fell out when she stood up - no contractions or anything!  Our other friend, Marla, just last week had a 28 hour labor that was made more awful because the baby got stuck on the way out and bruised his little face.  Dominika from my book club had the same due date as me, but she delivered last week...  I'm a bit jealous because I feel done, ripe, ready to go.  My middle is a large watermelon.  So, while I'm waiting and anticipating labor, whether it be long or short, tonight or (please no) a month from now, I'm starting "the blog."  This blog is meant to be a few things.  First, I would like a place to explain what I'm going through for others, because where would I be today without the other blogs out there?  I wouldn't know about the reality of body changes, what to expect afterward, the importance of real milk, and all kinds of other stuff that shouldn't make you uncomfortable to hear but still does.  The other is to have a place to record thoughts and pictures specifically for Koral - because I'm not going to print all the pictures and scrapbook everything in paper.  Some posts will be letters to Koral or maybe later, other children.  At this time, new to parenthood as we are, we plan to have at least two.  So, here we go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment