Sunday, August 21, 2016

Ocean is almost 4 months!

Well, my last post was a bit sad - but I am happy to say that things have been good since then.  I have talked with lots of other mom friends and there seem to be two kinds of moms - those in a situation similar to mine with husbands that might be very engaged in work and disconnected much of the time and clueless as to what their wife is going through, and also this super attentive type that coddles and is apparently the perfect mate.  I'm glad to know that I am not alone, and that in general, this is the tough part and things get easier as the kids grow.  AND, it is getting easier!  A huge challenge of my day for a month or two was Koral's bath.  Ocean would cry and bedtime was hard.  Now, he is old enough to be in the bath with her, and behold, that part of the night is no longer one of stress but one of lots of laughs.  Yay!  He's got a little tub chair and I can sit on the edge of the tub and wash Koral while he splashes happily and then wash him while she plays with the bubbles, and then take him out and get him dressed while she plays and then put him in the crib to watch the mobile while I get her out and such.  Another huge thing is he's no longer in the baby swing (the motor is wearing out, too) at all and instead just goes to the crib to fall asleep.  So awesome!

This last week, I went to our MOMS (Moms offering moms support) Club MNO (Moms Night Out) for the first time in a long time - with Senthil's approval!  And we saw the movie Bad Moms!  And it was so fun!!  And I came home to a happy house!  Because the kids slept through the whole thing.  So, he said I should do it more often.  I just had them nap shorter than normal and got them all bathed early so really it was simple for everyone.  :)  What a great thing!

Just wanted to report that happy stuff.  So glad for all the wonderful friends in my life.  And new neighbor friends, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment